On December 14, 2011 from 3:30pm to 5:00pm the Moncton CyberSocial is hosting a special mini-Workshop on Agile Programming and SCRUM – at The Moncton Club 115 Queen Street
Please Register for this event at EventBrite
Presented by Sébastien Aubé of Cognitive X Systems
Outline of the Agile Programming presentation:
- What is Agile? / The Agile Manifesto
- Basic Concepts (Iterations, Teams, Co-Location, Working software)
- SCRUM in Agile
- What is SCRUM?
- Roles in SCRUM team
- Core Roles and Ancillary Roles
- SCRUM meetings
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Review and Retrospective
- Measuring progress
- Open discussion and questions as time permits.
Our Featured Guest Speaker for this month’s Networking Event ~ 5:00pm to 7:30pm is Martin Montplaisir – Business Technology Manager – HealthConnect Inc
HealthConnect Inc., headquartered in Moncton, NB, is a provider of outsource services to the Pharmaceutical industry. First established in Toronto, ON, HealthConnect has been in operation for over 20 years and employs nearly 40 workers. The company is made up of four different divisions, which support their information and education services related to health and wellness:
· The Patient Care division consists of a Contact Centre and provides product information and support to consumers, patients and healthcare professionals.
· The Clinical Care division manages clinical trials and patient adherence programs to help patients use medications appropriately.
· The Brand Care division offers Strategic Consulting Services.
· The Pharmacy division provides mail order dispensing, prescription consulting and information support.
Continually evolving, HealthConnect prides itself on providing tailored services based on Client needs. Some of the more recent services HealthConnect has offered consist of Social Media and Facebook Monitoring.
About Martin Montplaisir ~ Business Technology Manager
Martin currently leads a 5 member team at HealthConnect including: Back end Developer, Web Developer, IT Network/Phone Specialist, Data Analyst, Programmer.
Assets to manage: Contact Center, Fulfillment house, On-line Pharmacy
Martin has been in the IT industry for over 20 years. He has worked for with many small organizations in the IT industry which have grown and sold to public traded companies. Some of these companies:
1: Whitehill Technologies sold to Skywire, Oracle, and Thomson Reuters
2: BelTek Sold to High Jump
3: Kleinmundo sold to Thomson Reuters
This has led him to travel to over 25 different countries working for fortune 500 organizations in the Legal, Distribution, and Manufacturing markets.
His passion is both business and technology and to how they relate to each other. He is currently getting his PMP certification through St. Mary’s University and has recently just come back from Peru doing the Inca trail and living in the Amazon forest for 2 weeks.
Join us from 5pm-7pm at the Moncton Club Ltd, located at 115 Queen St.
Two really interesting companies with exciting new technology will be featured:
will present its highly innovative prototype medical device technology that uses laser human breath analysis to determine the presence of minute concentrations of molecules that are indicators of cancer and other deadly diseases instantly. This is a major technology with enormous implications to health care under development right here in Moncton. Very cool stuff. (www.picomole.com)
- Firstly Picomole Instruments as our November headliner
- Secondly The Corporate Trade Network in collaboration with the Cybersocial will launch its new trading platform from 2-5 pm in the afternoon and at the Cybersocial event. If you have excess products or service cycles you can trade for what you need. It’s a great productivity tool that can affect your bottom line significantly – save your cash!!!! (http://corporatetradenetwork.com/)
see below for the invite to the afternoon session for The Corporate trade Network
Hope to see you these this Wednesday
The Corporate Trade Network ~ Launch Event
November 5, 2011 in Press Release
As part of the Greater Moncton business community we are pleased to invite you to the official launch of New Brunswick’s new business to business (B2B) Trade Exchange.
The CTN launch event is slated for November 9, 2011 from noon to 5pm at the Moncton Club, located at 115 Queen St. This special event will help us to reach out to the Greater Moncton business community and we encourage you to come by and bring a guest or two. (The larger the “business network” the more opportunity it brings to member companies.)
Don’t forget to mark the date in your calendar and we look forward to seeing you on November 9th at the Moncton Club!
The Corporate Trade Network